Cafe menu options
What’s the buzz? Caffeinated beverages hinder hydration — or do they? What does the science say?» Read More
Forget what you know about soup. This watermelon gazpacho is a little sweet, a little savory, served cold — and is extremely refreshing.» Read More
What’s the buzz? Activated charcoal drinks: Black is the new green (juice). But take a look at what the science says.» Read More
For a quick and easy lunch or side dish, fresh green beans are blanched to retain their beautiful vibrant color and are paired with chopped hard-boiled eggs and briny olives.» Read More
What’s the buzz? Nutritional yeast is a savory, high-nutrient add-in that you should be sprinkling on everything from pasta to smoothies. What does the science say?» Read More
The protein and fiber-packed chickpeas in this gluten-free salad will keep you energized all day.» Read More
What’s the buzz? Skim milk is out — and cream-top yogurts and whole-milk lattes are in. What does the science say?» Read More
Beautifully flavored with garlic, spicy red pepper flakes, and a splash of vinegar, these greens prove you don’t need to add more salt in order to create more flavor.» Read More
Many energy bars come with a long list of ingredients and high dose of sugar. Skip the uncertainty and make your own.» Read More
Recovered food and upcycled food scraps have been the stars of sold-out dinners across the nation in the past few years. Check out these tips for how you can be crafty in the kitchen.» Read More
Much is being made about fighting food waste these days, and we’re glad to see it! No one wants to waste food, but even if you’re well aware of the environmental impacts of food waste, it’s easy to backslide in your day-to-day waste reduction practice.» Read More
Bistro @ 3160
Current Status: Closed
- BreakfastServed from 7:30 am - 10:00 am
- At 3160 Porter Drive, Palo Alto, CA 94304 is a perfect place start to your morning - enjoy local pastries, coffee and a self-serve espresso bar, seasonal fruits and healthy options, or a hearty breakfast special from the grill.
- Lunch11:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Salad bar, Deli bar and Soup station opens at 11:00am. Tossed Salad and Hot Stations opens at 11:30am. Build your own sandwich or salad at our deli and salad bars, and pair it with a made-from-scratch cup or bowl of soup. Here at Bistro @ 3160, you’ll find a vibrant café abundant with local, sustainable, and delicious choices every day!
A perfect place start to your morning - enjoy local pastries, coffee and a self-serve espresso bar, seasonal fruits and healthy options, or a hearty breakfast special from the grill. At lunch, visit Bistro @ 3160 for globally-inspired ethnic fare, daily grill specials, tossed-to-order salads, and house-baked panini and pizza. Build your own sandwich or salad at our deli and salad bars, and pair it with a made-from-scratch cup or bowl of soup. Here at Bistro @ 3160, you’ll find a vibrant café abundant with local, sustainable, and delicious choices every day!
- Breakfast Mon-Fri, 7:30 am - 10:00 am
- Lunch Mon-Fri, 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
Keeping Our People Safe
Curious about the green buttons your café staff wears?
They are a part of our safety program for café staff, ensuring that each employee goes home in the same the condition they came to work!
We strive to create the safest work environment for our staff which translates to a safe café for you! Through continuous food and employee safety education and rigorous self-, third party, and County inspections, we are always on the lookout for a better way to make the café environment safe.
- Every employee wears special shoes, made with slip resistant rubber soles which minimize slips and falls
- Ever seen a café employee wearing a Kevlar glove on one hand when they cut your sandwich? It is Personal Protective Equipment (or PPE) called a cut glove. We use cut resistant gloves with knives, and any other hand powered sharp equipment which makes using sharp objects just a little safer
- Heard someone yell “corner” or “coming through”? Kitchen communication is key to a safe workplace. “Behind, Corner, sharp(when carrying a knife) hot(when carrying hot food pans) are all terms we use in the kitchen to stay safe. We’ve developed an extensive communication system to notify each other of imminent hazards.
- Lifting 25 lbs can be more dangerous than you think. Each employee is trained on how to properly lift heavy items to avoid injury.
Eat Right — For You
Do you care about whether your food was grown locally or raised humanely? Or are you more interested in protein vs. carbs?
Whatever your priorities, we can help you chew the right thing. At Bon Appétit, we’re working toward “food service for a sustainable future.” How we define that is a mouthful, but the bottom line is that we strive to cook delicious food that’s good for you, the animals, the workers, the community, and the Earth — because they’re all connected. And we’re proud to be the first food service company to tackle many important issues in these areas.
We’re here to support you by giving the information you need to choose wisely. Visit our Wellness page for a feast of information about the roles our from-scratch cooking, nutritional approach, local sourcing, and other sustainability programs can play on your menu.
Refreshing and juicy but with a toasted complexity that is balanced by the lime, this unique appetizer is as tasty as it is hydrating. Serves 12. 1 medium watermelon Zest of 1 lime 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons lime juice (about 5-6 limes), divided 1 tablespoon olive oil 2 tablespoons honey 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper 1/4…Read More» Read More
When the tops of root vegetables such as radishes and turnips are in good condition, don’t let them go to waste! This recipe transforms radish greens into a bright and simple chimichurri sauce that is a delicious and refreshing topping to many foods from omelets to roasted potatoes. Makes 2/3 cup, enough for about 4-6…Read More» Read More
3 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided 4 medium carrots, diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup french green lentils 2 cups water 1 bay leaf 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard 1 shallot, finely diced 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped,…Read More» Read More
Tell Us What You Think
Do you have a specific question, suggestion, or feedback about your meal at a Bon Appétit café? Feel free to browse the previously asked questions below or contact our Bon Appétit managers using this form.
- I have been trying to eat a healthier diet. Will I be able to find a healthy food choice in the Bon Appétit café?
- Can you tell me how many calories are in the foods in the Bon Appétit café?
- How will you handle my concerns about a food allergy?