Cafe menu options
Got food? Thank a farmworker! To put a face to the people who help bring food to our tables, we’ll be sharing portraits from the field in the café throughout the week to highlight farmworkers’ struggles and dreams.
What’s the buzz? From weight loss bloggers to health foodies and celebrities, everyone’s a nutrition “expert.” But what does the science say?» Read More
Did you know that broccoli has leaves and that carrots have feathery tops? Learn to cook with these surprisingly edible plant parts for National Nutrition Month.» Read More
What’s the buzz? Seaweed is being hailed as the “new kale” — a nutritional powerhouse that we should all be eating. What does the science say?» Read More
It’s well established that plant-forward diets offer both health and environmental benefits, but that doesn’t mean all vegan foods are healthy. Learn how to maximize nutrients and avoid rookie mistakes when going plant-based.» Read More
What’s the buzz? Food as medicine could not be more true for the inflammation-busting spice turmeric. What does the science say?» Read More
From your morning caffeine fix to your afternoon snack, what you put on your plate (or in your mug) can affect your risk for cancer. Learn more about the protective power of plant foods.» Read More
What’s the buzz? Chia, hemp, and flax can help keep your heart beating strong. But what’s the science behind these tiny seeds?» Read More
What do garlic, salmon, and chocolate have in common? Learn about these heart-healthy foods and more for American Heart Month.» Read More
What’s the buzz? Coconut oil is a vital pantry staple that is good for everything. However, the science says not so fast!» Read More
Beat the cold and bust some stress with a steaming cup of tea. Learn more about the benefits of tea and celebrate national hot tea month!» Read More
Bistro @ 3160
Current Status: Closed
- BreakfastServed from 7:30 am - 10:00 am
- A perfect place start to your morning - enjoy local pastries, coffee and a self-serve espresso bar, seasonal fruits and healthy options, or a hearty breakfast special from the grill.
- Lunch11:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Salad bar, Deli bar and Soup station opens at 11:00am. Tossed Salad and Hot Stations opens at 11:30am. Build your own sandwich or salad at our deli and salad bars, and pair it with a made-from-scratch cup or bowl of soup. Here at Bistro @ 3160, you’ll find a vibrant café abundant with local, sustainable, and delicious choices every day!
A perfect place start to your morning - enjoy local pastries, coffee and a self-serve espresso bar, seasonal fruits and healthy options, or a hearty breakfast special from the grill. At lunch, visit Bistro @ 3160 for globally-inspired ethnic fare, daily grill specials, tossed-to-order salads, and house-baked panini and pizza. Build your own sandwich or salad at our deli and salad bars, and pair it with a made-from-scratch cup or bowl of soup. Here at Bistro @ 3160, you’ll find a vibrant café abundant with local, sustainable, and delicious choices every day!
- Breakfast Mon-Fri, 7:30 am - 10:00 am
- Lunch Mon-Fri, 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
Keeping Our People Safe
Curious about the green buttons your café staff wears?
They are a part of our safety program for café staff, ensuring that each employee goes home in the same the condition they came to work!
We strive to create the safest work environment for our staff which translates to a safe café for you! Through continuous food and employee safety education and rigorous self-, third party, and County inspections, we are always on the lookout for a better way to make the café environment safe.
- Every employee wears special shoes, made with slip resistant rubber soles which minimize slips and falls
- Ever seen a café employee wearing a Kevlar glove on one hand when they cut your sandwich? It is Personal Protective Equipment (or PPE) called a cut glove. We use cut resistant gloves with knives, and any other hand powered sharp equipment which makes using sharp objects just a little safer
- Heard someone yell “corner” or “coming through”? Kitchen communication is key to a safe workplace. “Behind, Corner, sharp(when carrying a knife) hot(when carrying hot food pans) are all terms we use in the kitchen to stay safe. We’ve developed an extensive communication system to notify each other of imminent hazards.
- Lifting 25 lbs can be more dangerous than you think. Each employee is trained on how to properly lift heavy items to avoid injury.
Eat Right — For You
Do you care about whether your food was grown locally or raised humanely? Or are you more interested in protein vs. carbs?
Whatever your priorities, we can help you chew the right thing. At Bon Appétit, we’re working toward “food service for a sustainable future.” How we define that is a mouthful, but the bottom line is that we strive to cook delicious food that’s good for you, the animals, the workers, the community, and the Earth — because they’re all connected. And we’re proud to be the first food service company to tackle many important issues in these areas.
We’re here to support you by giving the information you need to choose wisely. Visit our Wellness page for a feast of information about the roles our from-scratch cooking, nutritional approach, local sourcing, and other sustainability programs can play on your menu.
Turmeric and cauliflower bring additional color, flavor, and phytonutrients to this reinvented side dish that’s lower in calories and higher in fiber than traditional rice dishes. Serves 4. 1 large head cauliflower 1 tablespoon olive oil 2 teaspoons turmeric 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/2 cup currants (optional) 2 tablespoons toasted pumpkin seeds Chopped parsley, for garnish…Read More» Read More
Refreshing and juicy but with a toasted complexity that is balanced by the lime, this unique appetizer is as tasty as it is hydrating. Serves 12. 1 medium watermelon Zest of 1 lime 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons lime juice (about 5-6 limes), divided 1 tablespoon olive oil 2 tablespoons honey 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper 1/4…Read More» Read More
When the tops of root vegetables such as radishes and turnips are in good condition, don’t let them go to waste! This recipe transforms radish greens into a bright and simple chimichurri sauce that is a delicious and refreshing topping to many foods from omelets to roasted potatoes. Makes 2/3 cup, enough for about 4-6…Read More» Read More
Tell Us What You Think
Do you have a specific question, suggestion, or feedback about your meal at a Bon Appétit café? Feel free to browse the previously asked questions below or contact our Bon Appétit managers using this form.
- I have been trying to eat a healthier diet. Will I be able to find a healthy food choice in the Bon Appétit café?
- Can you tell me how many calories are in the foods in the Bon Appétit café?
- How will you handle my concerns about a food allergy?